Friday, May 2, 2008

Is it really spring?

March 29
Back Porch

Well we've made it into May. I admit I was beginning to have my doubts that it would actually happen. March... In like a lion out like a lamb. Ha! More like in like a lion who thinks it wasn't fed enough and is angry enough to eat the lamb. So much for heralding milder weather. April showers bring May flowers. What does it mean when those showers are snow showers?? Well for my place it means that the last of the snow didn't melt until maybe last week. It means that though there are a few green things starting to appear, it's slow in coming. Grandma's does have violets and some daffodils blooming, but those are really the only May flowers I've seen. I do believe that spring is here. But we'll see how long its here. If it's going to stretch out into what normally would be the starting days of summer or if its short, short, short and we leap into the hot days of summer. I thought about that the other day when I was huddled in my bed with my blankets up over my head so only my nose was sticking out. That, soon enough, I will be laying in bed not even wanting a sheet because the air is swealtering. Funny. I don't like winter all that much. I mean I don't like feeling like I have a block of ice for a nose. But I also don't like being so hot that I want to strip my skin off. I mean, there are only so many layers of clothes before you're just stuck with how hot you are. :) Ah well. The joy of living in an area where there are actually four seasons. I certainly am thankful the seasons here don't include hurricanes, tornados, tsunami's or other such extremes in weather. Just the possibilties of 10 feet of snow, floods or drought. Ya know, the mild stuff. :) And yes, this is how exciting my life is that I write my blogs about the weather. Bah, who needs a life! Ha! Good news, (please note sarcasm) Grandma wants to set me up on a blind date. Yah hoo.... I don't even have a good sarcastic comment about how truely sad that is. Ah well. I've had several of my family members suggest they have someone that they would like to set me up with, no dates by that route so far. And let me just say I'm not really complaining. But hey, some kind of life is something even if spurred from Gma. *SOB* That's all I really have to ramble about so far. I wanted to share the lovely pictures I have of the "spring" snow's we've had.

No comments: