Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Perhaps the I dreamed for a reason

Ok. The response to my first blog was not very good. Perhaps because, though I put that I was going to, I didn't send the address to anyone that I know. Might have put a limit on the number of people that saw/read the thing! Second try, and now that I have the address saved in an email, it really (probably) will be sent to at least a few people.

As the title of this blog suggests I might just touch on dreaming. Or perhaps relate a dream that I had. Yes, that was the whole point in starting this, I admit. Do I really think I had this dream for a reason... beyond that of a REM cycle making convoluted sense of my subconscious... not particularly. Though it almost makes more sense than my subconscious going back through or trying to figure out some even in my life. Anyway, here it is;

It started way before, and was more involved, than where I remember from. The details leading up to what I remember ran along the lines of an epic quest/rescue of a group of people all rushing toward some great fight/reckoning. With the energy and feel along the lines of a combination of Lord of the Rings/Pirates of the Caribbean/Hook (for the fanciful bit of it). SO... we're heading for this great "battle" and I'm driving in the car with a sibling, and about 8 other people. Careening behind us is another of my siblings also in a loaded car. We take a sharp corner and someone goes flying off of the rear car! This is where the dream goes from the completely fantastic to something of a bit more realistic nature. My car pulls a U-ey to see what has happened, really signaling the end of the fanciful. Now this is the part of the dream that I remember the most. We've turned around in a normal looking neighborhood (no "Mad max and the thunder dome" scenery from before) knowing that someone has fallen from the moving car behind us. By the time we are there, the police have arrived and the child has been taken to the hospital. My sibling that was driving is naturally upset and we're frantically trying to figure out what happened. The sibling tells us the child they were driving somewhere, who is of no relation, (is it rude or unkind to think "whew, not one of ours" when someone is hurt in a dream?) freaked out because of a bee on the eraser of her pencil and in the process of trying to fling it off, arched her back and flew out the open passenger window! This resulted in them being slightly run over and my sibling informs us she will have, as a result, three pig feet. Now recalling this being clearly stated in the dream, my semi-conscious brain reasons they must only resemble pig feet from the injuries of falling from the car. The dream begins to fade as I'm slowly waking up, my conscious battling with the dream state and details such as, it being the drivers fault for having a child in the front seat with the window all the way down and them not being properly seated/buckled.... etc. It was all very strange I must admit, when I was going over the details as I woke up. NOT a premonition I hope...... But what would it be predicting... girls with pig feet... So this is the warning I feel I must give, to ensure I've done my duty in regards to any premonitiony tendencies I might be gifted with: No child under the legal age in the front seat, everyone properly buckled, and no all-the-way open windows in the car.... oh and no rushing off to fight some epic battle with "Hook" like characters!

I imagine, that for whoever may have actually read this entire thing, that I will not have a future audience. But what can I say, its been running through my head and now its written down.

No comments: